Why I love Painting
A had a visit from a friend whom i havent seen for so long. It was great chatting with her, updating each other with what’s been happening with our lives. We talked
about life, love,stressful moments,happy moments,nostalgic moment (x’s and other people x’s ..lol), cleaning tips, recipes…etc etc. It was a short but wonderful visit.
She checked out my collection of paintings… and i was happy to show them all to her. I am proud of what i have done and i am always thankful that God has given the skill and talent to do what i do.
What is it that I love about painting?
- I love the sense of freedom when i look at a blank canvas, start putting
colors and painting without even knowing what i will be painting
- I love the paintings that i do that just finish themselves. I just stand up
and look from a few feet back and would be satisfied..and its done. These are
easiest to make.
- There are moments when i have to play some fast music to get my pulse on a
painting mode, and there are days when i paint and i realize it was almost the
end of the day and i dont even have a single music or tv on.
- Crazy moments that you feel spiritually satisfied when you put the first
drop of paint on the canvas.
- I used to have an easel..but its now in our storage.For some reason i enjoy
painting on a flat surface than the canvas looking at me face to face
- I used to paint with oils, but for marketing reasons acrylic serves a better
medium. Drying time is shorter, so i get to ship my paintings to my collectors
- I love reading too, but it keeps me from my painting. So i have to schedule
when i start to read a good book, coz it means a break from painting
Painting is something i love doing, and i enjoy the additional income that comes with it. Since i work at home, i try to work like a pro by acting as if im going to work too. No, i dont wear any corporate attire, my work attire is my apron. After my hubby leaves for work, i start to set-up everything and put on my painting gear. I work from 8-5, even weekends (well not most of the time).
I love painting. Its my career!
Check out my paintings for sale:
EBAY: OBJECTS OF ART
PRINTS: FINE ART AMERICA
DAVID VENNE STORE
NEEDLEPOINT: KATHY’S SPAREROOM